Tree HealthTrees

Horse Chestnut Tree Dying

Category Tree Health

We have a tree at the bottom of the garden which is dying. I was wondering if there was any way to prolong its life. I need advice/guidance.
Thanks.

By Hugh R

Looks like it is rotting in that hole on the inside of it. Sometimes insects are inside eating away. You need to check that out and see if that is the case and maybe be able to treat for that. That ouside looks like raw wood the bark is missing and that part needs to be protected. Any paint or spray paint works best. Just spray paint on the raw part of the bark to sealed that up. I hope this helps you.

I have saw trees that have cement put in the place where the tree was dying. Could try this.

Shonda