Creating Your Grocery List

To keep from over buying at the store I always make a list the night before buying groceries. My husband and I do it together, we make sure all staples are covered and the meat and the veggies. We then check all the non food items and write them down. We then estimate the cost of the items including tax and then add about 5.00 in case of low estimating. If I don't go over the estimate I use that 5.00 for any extra items I might have forgotten or just want. More often than not I have more than 5.00 to spend on extras.

By RoseMary B.

I find that if I make my grocery list following the aisles at the store I wander less and then impulse buy less.