SubstitutionsFood Tips

Substitute Salad Dressing for Missing Ingredients

I had all the yummy ingredients for stir fry, chicken, surimi, fresh steam-able and canned veggies, bean sprouts, the works.

However, I didn't have any Asian or soy sauce. I was half way through cooking it when I discovered this (yes, I was a cook for 25 years), when a little bottle in the fridge caught my eye.

It was some raspberry walnut vinaigrette and even though it turned everything pink, it sure saved the meal.

So, my tip is when you find your self missing a key sauce, don't forget your dressings. This one made everything really tangy and still low calorie.

Hope this helps.

By Sandi/Poor But Proud from Salem, OR

Anonymous

Great idea to keep the idea of dressings in the back of your mind as an ingredient subtitute, Sandi!

Keep in mind other standard items in your kitchen to use as substitutes too. Worchestershire is a really good substitute for soy sauce.