Put the Keys with the Leftovers

When packing holiday leftovers to send home with guests, put their car keys in the fridge with the leftovers. They will think you are nuts, but they won't get any farther than the car door without their keys - and the leftovers!

By Linda

By Charlotte (Guest Post)

That is the greatest and simplest idea. I am going to use that from now on. Thank you!
Charlotte

Fantastic idea!!!

I've also done this when I've called up to visit my parents right after shopping, and wanted to put some chilled purchases in their fridge while I talk to them.

I was a bit worried about actually putting the keys in the fridge, in case they wouldn't work if they got too cold, but you can put them anywhere, e.g. on a shelf in the kitchen, as the fact of having to retrieve them will remind you of the food in the fridge.

I used to do this when I took my lunch to work. I'd put my keys on top of my lunch container on the top shelf of the fridge. I never forgot my lunch.

Great idea, just don't put your keys in the freezer. I put frozen food and my keys in my friends freezer so I wouldn't forget my food but when I went to start my car, the key wouldn't work.

The alarm kept going off. I checked in my car handbook and the hand book says "Do not get key wet".