BeveragesFood Tips

Fast Brewed Iced Tea

I make cold ice tea in no time flat by brewing the tea with the least amount of water possible. I make a gallon of tea by bringing 8 tea bags to a boil in 3 cups of water with a lid on, then remove from heat and let it steep for 5 minutes. I remove the lid and let it cool another 5 minutes. I pour the tea in a gallon glass container. Be sure to squeeze the tea bags with a spoon. I then add my honey and lemon stir and fill the container with cold water I had in my refrigerator. Cold brewed tea in 15 minutes!

By ann from Saint Peters, MO

Sounds like a good way. EXCEPT, I read somewhere that squeezing out the teabags will give the tea a bitter taste.

The best tea I ever drank was from a recipe given to me by a friend's son. It's a mixture of brewed tea and lemon kool aid. She didn't know the ratio of tea to kool aid so I just guessed and it was really good.

I've not tried this yet, but got the recipe from www.topsecretrecipes.com:

3 regular size Lipton tea bags
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon of unsweetened lemon flavored Kool Aid drink mix

1. Bring two quarts of water to boil in large saucepan. Add the teabags and remove the pan from the heat. then let the tea steep for 1 hour.

2. Pour the sugar and Kool Aid into a 2 quart pitcher. Add the tea and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add additional water as needed to bring the water level to the 2 quart mark.

3. Chill well in refrigerator.

When I make this recipe, I will use Splenda instead of granulated sugar!

If anyone tries this recipe, please post your comments!

Happy Summer!