Use A Chair With A Missing Seat For A Planter

I have found that the kind of chairs with the seat missing are ideal for this. They are usually found that way in bentwood chairs because the seat is round. I just bought two at an auction for $2 and gave one to my daughter-in- law. A baby high chair that is wooden also makes a great chair planter. I picked one of those up that someone was throwing away.

By Elaine S. from Near Cedar Rapids, IA

This is a great idea, I use it a lot. One word of caution, if you get a chair that has veneer on it, it will only last one year. I found an old wicker rocker at a curb last summer. It will be my newest garden accessory next spring! The bottom is gone so my plants can reach through the seat and decorate the rocker next summer. I can't wait! Old vanity chairs also look great with bright colors painted on them.

I have seen trunks partially buried with flowers coming out of them, its really cute too! Almost anything even small dressers or end tables with drawers can be used that way. It is always fun to use unusual items for planters and it helps to recycle rather than throw items away. Thanks for the tip!

I've done this a few times and it always turned out great! I can usually find a chair at a yard sale for a dollar too!