Homemade Plant Markers?

I am looking for ideas for making plant markers. They have gotten so expensive (like about 12 little plastic markers for $5.00).

By Regina

Hi Regina! Just found this site.

I used old horizontal blinds to make my plant markers. Each slat cuts easily to whatever size you prefer and they won't go bad in weather. You can use them for years! A neighbor was throwing them out and I rescued them from their trash. If you don't have any, check to see if you can find them at a thrift store. Best wishes and happy gardening! :) aprlfool59 (Sharon)

I just cut up a used bleach bottle, or other fairly strong plastic bottle. I mark it with a Sharpie, or other permanent marker.

Something you can use are the wooden tongue depressor-type sticks that craft stores sell in big boxes. Use a Sharpie or other waterproof pen and then after the ink is dry you can lay a number of markers on a sheet of newspaper and spray them with a clear spray...just a light spray to weather-proof the ink.

I just replaced my white, plastic vertical blinds. They went straight into the garage because that area is where I keep things to be used differently someday!

The blinds cut easily with just a scissors and need only a permanent marker for this project. When official warm weather starts, I plan on using them for plant markers.

I could kick myself. My neighbor just threw out a set of the thin plastic blinds. The bulk trash was a week late picking up trash. In my heart I knew that there was something about those blinds that I could use. never the less I do have several milk jugs that I did some failed experiments (cut holes in them) and I still have them. Thanks

Home and Garden Gardening MiscellaneousJanuary 12, 2012
😷
🎄
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf70209729.tip.html