Branches Falling Off Sweet Gum Tree?

I have a gum tree in my front yard. Several large branches have fallen off. When I look at the flesh where it has broken off, it is nice and white and shows no sign of disease or being struck by lightening. Now today, another big branch is hanging. The tree looks fine, but I have no idea why these huge branches are falling off. I had to cut the branch up with a chain saw it was so big. What do you think could be causing this?

By Fonda L

Best Answer

We finally got rid of the sweet gum tree in our yard. I think it was about 30 years old and such a pain in the. My husband hated it from day one (we've been in the house 2 years now) and finally paid to have it cut down. It was a beautiful shade tree but the sweet gum balls and leaves were just too much! I hope you can save you tree if you want to, but I can't imagine wanting to. Google sweet gum tree and see what people say about this particular pain!

I have a 100ft.line of gum trees. I hate them. we call the gumballs porcupine balls.

step on one barefoot and you'll know why. They are a serious pain in the.

Home and Garden Gardening Trees Tree HealthJuly 10, 2011
😎
😷
🐛
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf70502735.tip.html