HerbsGardening

How Do I Grow Cilantro?

How do I care for and grow the herb, cilantro?

By BILLY from Shepherdsville, KY

I grew some last year for the first time, was very easy. I started seeds indoors in the middle of May. I'm in Zone 5. Trans planted to hanging baskets and hung in different areas that I rotated. Kept well watered and grew well into frost. Was nice to come out and pinch off what I needed to cook with.
Good Luck!

if grown outdoors, cilantro will self seed itself and come back every year. However, it likes cooler weather. Once it gets hot, it goes to seed and is done for the year. If you grow it in partial shade, you can get an extra week out of it.

You can also grow it indoor in a pot. You can start it by seed, or buy the plants in with the veggies at planting time.

cilantro basically grows like a weed once it gets going... cilantro can grow roots if the stems are placed in a glass of water. Once the roots are long enough, just plant them in a pot. In a few weeks new sprigs will be starting, and in a few months you'll have a full plant. food-hacks.wonderhowto.com/.../