AdviceCleaning

Do Not Mix Pine-Sol and Bleach

Warning: Do not mix these two, Pine-Sol and Clorox Bleach. They emit a colorless odorless fume that causes difficulty breathing and increased heart rate. It happened to me and the bottles clearly state do not mix.

By Alirn from NYC

Anonymous

Bless you for posting this tip and I am thankful that you're okay! I so wish everyone would learn that it's unsafe to mix bleach with anything other than plain water at all and that even then the bleach can cause several health issues and huge environmental concerns! Thumbs up!

Whew! I think we've done this before.. that is, mixed these two chemicals. No more, and thanks for the warning!

Hi. Im currently doing one of those really terribly disgusting cleaning jobs, n i mean its bad... Well long story short, this morning i had used pine sol throughout alot of this place, then realized how bad the stove was & bleached the heck out of it, scrubbing it with a small wire brush.

I thought itd be alright since i didnt combine the two into the same bucket or anything, but im starting to not feel so good..... think i should be worried?

Amber, you should contact your doctor or poison control. They will have the best advice. The gas that forms can be very damaging to your lungs and early treatment can minimize the damage.

I'm wishing you the best of luck. Be sure to read labels for warnings about mixing with bleach. These are increasingly common, even with simple things like dish soap (which often contains ammonia).