Getting Rid of Weevils?

What do flour worms look like and how to keep them out of the flour?

By carlos from NJ

Flour and other grain seem to always harbor the eggs of the weevils so if they are a problem where you live, like in a warm climate, keep the flour in the refrigerator or freezer.

And if you have them running through your cabinetry now, look up how to get rid of kitchen weevils on e-how.com. That's how I got rid of mine. It took 3 weeks of diligent and daily work, but I did it!

And store flour in the freezer, especially if you don't use it often. My weevils came from whole wheat flour that was in a plastic storage container that did not seal as well as I thought! I don't use whole wheat flour too often and I learned the hard way.

How do I get rid of weevils in my house and pantry areas?

By jenny from Tomball, TX

Answers:

Getting Rid of Weevils

What I did was went through everything and threw it away. I sprayed my cupboards and pantry with Raid and waited 30 minutes. I went back and washed ever inch down. The new food I put a bay leaf in and used some sort of Tupperware, or old butter dishes from the butter at the store. Zip lock bags work, too. After that I had no more problems. (01/28/2010)

By roxi

Getting Rid of Weevils

Go to e-how.com and type in how to get rid of kitchen weevils. That's how I got rid of mine. Excellent advice there. (01/30/2010)

By Beth

It seems like I have weevils throughout my kitchen, dinning, and living rooms, is that possible? I keep a very clean house. Vacuum daily, clean the bathroom every other day, do laundry daily. I do not keep food out. What are these critters and how do I get rid of them?

By Shan from Kent, WA

Answers:

Getting Rid of Weevils

I never had problems until I moved into my new house and found them. I now freeze just about everything that comes in the house for 2-3 days before putting in the pantry. Pasta, flour, sugar, oatmeal, crackers, etc. all goes in the freezer. When I first found these I took everything out of the pantry, wiped it down really good and then vacuumed really well including all the cervices and corners.

I then put bay leaves all over and in the corners of each shelf I put a cotton ball soaked in peppermint extract. I put everything in plastic containers or Tupperware/Rubbermaid once open. So far seems to be working, but I still check everything when I open it. You can also buy traps to put in your pantry. (12/09/2009)

By neuroticmom

Getting Rid of Weevils

Spray the house with bug spray and stay out side for a while. Good luck. (12/10/2009)

By kathleen williams

Getting Rid of Weevils

I had weevils this past summer, although I did not know what they were for the longest time. I live in upstate New York and so I was not readily familiar with them. I would find them on my counter top everyday and couldn't figure out where they were coming from. I cleaned and sprayed and cleaned.

Finally I found the "nest" in a container of flour. Eeek! Everything not in a sealed container went in the garbage outside. Everything else got frozen, just to be safe. I found a kitchen spray at Home Depot that listed all types of weevils (there are so many). I left the cabinet that they were in, plus the one on either side empty for three whole weeks, wiping down and then spraying daily. I got rid of the buggers, but it took patience and work.

So, you really need to know what their source is (nest) and are you positive they are weevils. They are so tiny. My best resource for this problem was www.ehow.com. Look for "how to get rid of weevils" and you will get some very good information. (12/14/2009)

By Beth

How do I get rid of weevils in cupboard?

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
Home and Garden Pest Control Pantry PestsOctober 22, 2010
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf71051751.tip.html