Using Oven to Cook Hamburgers

I just didn't have time to fry hamburgers one day. I decided to make hamburgers in a hurry. I mixed ground beef, chopped onions, some seasonings, yellow mustard and ketchup. I put in a chicken roaster making sure it was flat and the thickness of a hamburger patty. I baked it at 325 degree F for 30 minutes. When it was done I simply cut it into squares to fit the buns and added the mayonnaise. Voila, instant hamburgers.

Since we like our hamburgers greasy, we used the cheap ground meat, letting it drain for a bit on the pancake turner before we put it on the bun. If you prefer, you could use leaner meat or buffalo.

Source: A rushed day

By Leslie Textor from New Orleans, LA

When we were growing up my Mom used to make hamburgers in the broiler section of our oven. It was actually a separate compartment to the left side of the oven.