Attaching Ribbons to Cards

I am making cards that have a ribbon on the side to attach the blank paper insert. The ribbon is tied and stays in place relatively well but I was thinking of putting hairspray over the ribbon to keep it firm. Has anyone got any advice or other suggestions. Taa.

Renee

I'd say if the ribbon is staying relatively well, leave it alone. If the card is just to look at (a letter or an announcement/invitation) it's not going to get lots of actual "use" where you'd want to reinforce it. I think the hairspray is unnecessary and will show.

By mairmie. (Guest Post)

iron ribbons between two sheets of wax paper; using a warm never HOT iron.

By Sharon,Ky (Guest Post)

A reader not long ago suggested a web site that gave different "wordings" for invitations.Maybe it can be found in the archives.It also explained how to tie a ribbon on an invitation.Using a hole punch,make 2 holes less than 1/2" apart.Cut thr ribbon the length you want it. Thread your ribbon to the BACK through each hole.To make the left loop thread the RIGHT side of ribbon to the FRONT using the LEFT HOLE.Then take the ribbon you've threaded back to the FRONT using the RIGHT hole.This will make a loop on the left and an end on the right.Follow this same procedure RIGHT hole to LEFT HOLE.This makes a PERFECT BOW.

I hope I have explained this well enough that you can understand my directions.If not hopefully they can dig up the old article.Don't do anything until you try this method.It looks really professional.

Spray starch may be an option also.

I'd suggest spray starch too.

By Vivian Perez-Espinosa (Guest Post)

Hello Renee, I own a scrapbooing store in South Florida and we are currently using alot of ribbon on our pages. We like the "X" from xyron, it can be found at many scrapbooking stores or at Michaels craft stores.

It is very simple to use and you may find it is the best thing ever for making a sticker out of small things. Best of luck to you!