OtherRepair

Removing Ballpoint Pen From Old Paper

Category Other

I have a piece of old paper, that was written on 10 years ago with a blue ballpoint pen. How can I remove this ink from the paper without removing the original quality of paper? Basically this old paper is my birth form and some Information already mentioned on it is printed. Thank you.

Ajay

By GGDS (Guest Post)

If it's an official document, it is probably illegal to alter it.

Call the nearest museum and ask to be referred to someone who knows how to work with valuable documents.

By Judy (Guest Post)

I wouldn't try alcohol or anything. The alcohol would just migrate and would probably give you a halo of the ink over large sections of your paper. If it is just asthetics, scan the document and clean it up on a computer. Or you can easily order a new one from the state you were born. I wouldn't try to change any of the original information though - that could only lead to trouble.