MiscellaneousCollectibles

Restoring Faded Autographs on Baseballs

I have a baseball signed by Yogi Berra, the blue ball point ink used has faded. How do I get the blue signature back?

By clem21 from El Paso, TX

If I were you...I would put nothing on that ball.If you do it will be devalued deeply. Check with a collector of baseball paraphernalia and confer with them, (maybe search The Roadshow on PBS) You may try calling the Louisville Slugger Museum in Louisville, Ky and ask them. In the meantime keep it in a dry area in a box where it will not meet with light or moisture. Good Luck!

Anonymous

I heartily agree with HAPPYINHARNED! If you do 'anything' to that ball other than keeping it in a dry dark place it might end up not even being of any value at all because of altering it!