Attach Recipes to Homemade Mixes

I make homemade food mixes and store them in half gallon or gallon jars. Using a rubber band, I keep the recipe attached to the jar. The next time I have to make another batch, the recipe is readily available. Also, on the cards I have the cooking/baking instructions and any special notes. Keeping the recipes readily available makes it easier and faster for me to make the mixes.

I also do this for any homemade cleaning mixes that I use in my home.

By mkymlp from NE PA

Excellent idea! A great resource is the "make head mixes" which can save a bundle of money! All you need to then add is wet ingredients! So incredibly easy and you can easily buy healthier for your items. Many times off Amazon where if order is over $25 you can get free shipping; elsewhere you can google to find locations to get powdered milk, powdered eggs, powdered honey, and powdered peanut butter and all kinds of interesting things not normally seen in the grocery stores locally.

Expanding horizons re better-for-you foods, etc; and other folks who have already done so and give great recipes for tried and true favorites! With the food saver vacuum sealer which I got both of mine, simply bags and also one that seals jars at thrift stores: makes it so easy to store indefinitely as they do not age til opened! Buy the huge plastic rolls generic off ebay to save $ as well!