Making A Cream Pie Miniature

When making a miniature cream pie (artificial), how do you lighten up the caulk that is used for the topping? I would like it to be a little bit fluffier. I'm making miniature ones with filo clay, no hole beads and need a light fluffy topping to look like meringue.

By Doris from Moline, IL

This made me laugh at the thought of "caulk" on top of a pie- is that a regional word for cream or topping?

I am wondering about the caulk too. Caulk. As I know it, is for fixing things like cracks.

I need to clarify my "mini" cream pies. I'm making miniature ones with filo clay, no hole beads and need a light fluffy topping to look like meringue.

Editor's Note: I added this comment to the main post so you will get more appropriate answers. I was confused too :)

Yeah, me too! I was thinking "maybe she is from another country" but now it all makes sense.

Too funny.
I googled miniatures and got this. You may want to ask someone who makes things like this for a living. However, Aileens glues make just about any thing you might want. My first thought was some of her puff paint, but just a bit of offwhite glue might work too. You would need to experiment on some of the pies to find if it falls flat as it's drying, but I am sure you will find the right product and method. When you do, can you share it with us? How cute!!

http://www.goog … iatures&aq=f

I enclosed a shot of one I took at our local fair. Good luck!!