Dog Has Skin Tags

What can I do about my dogs skin tags? He is getting quite a lot.

By christine lauderback from IN

I just did a little bit of research about skin tags and it seems as though they are not cancerous and some people have stated the vet told them they will dry up and leave on their own w/o medicine. But, one person stated if it's large enough while it's doing this it can be raw and start bleeding some. I would buy a bottle of Betadine or provodone Iodine and apply with a cotton ball if any get to that stage so no infection sets in. But, keep a close watch on them and if any looks strange, take your dog to the vet for a checkup; it sure can't hurt any.

Thank you so much.

My vet says they are nothing to worry about unless your dog starts chewing and licking at one and it becomes raw and/or infected. He told me he will remove the ones my dog won't leave alone but the rest are fine, not cancerous.

Pets Dogs HealthFebruary 25, 2011
💘
🍀