Removing a Dog's Skin Tag

Skin tags on your dog, while usually not harmful or serious, can be uncomfortable. This is a guide about removing a dog's skin tag.

My dog has a skin tag or tumor, hanging on his rear leg. It looks like a big ball of bubble gum 1 inch in. diameter, and is attached by a very thin, stringlike, skin? My dog, Harry, is 14 years old. Where can I find a vet that will remove it at a low cost. Or, is there a home remedy I can use myself to remove the tag?

By Alex

Answers

Best Answer

Don't laugh but for skin tags on me I place a drop or 2 of super glue on the skin tag. It cuts off the supply to the tag and in a couple of days the tag is gone and I have done this quite a few times. Would no doubt work on your doggy. I have 5 dogs and would do this to them. DH was born and grew up in Milwaukee!

What can I do about my dogs skin tags? He is getting quite a lot.

By christine lauderback from IN

Answers

I just did a little bit of research about skin tags and it seems as though they are not cancerous and some people have stated the vet told them they will dry up and leave on their own w/o medicine. But, one person stated if it's large enough while it's doing this it can be raw and start bleeding some.

I would buy a bottle of Betadine or provodone Iodine and apply with a cotton ball if any get to that stage so no infection sets in. But, keep a close watch on them and if any looks strange, take your dog to the vet for a checkup; it sure can't hurt any.

Thank you so much.

My vet says they are nothing to worry about unless your dog starts chewing and licking at one and it becomes raw and/or infected. He told me he will remove the ones my dog won't leave alone but the rest are fine, not cancerous.