Tree Removal Advice

Can I fell a sweetgum tree and uproot the stump by cutting through the roots and letting the tree's weight do the work?

By Randy from Brunswick, GA

I don't think that will be enough. Plus it's not very safe, as you want to guide where the tree falls. Depending on the size, you might consider calling a tree service.

I own a tree service so I have seen some pretty reckless attempts at tree felling but that would take the cake. You would have no control of the tree if and when it falls.

I have taken dozens of trees down by digging around the base and pushing it over with a small excavator. I can control the direction of the falk and get the stump out all in one shot. I have taken down pine trees as big as 16".

Home and Garden Gardening TreesApril 23, 2010
😎
🌻
🐛
📓