Put Ice in Dogs Water in Summer

During the summer, I fill a stainless steel dog dish with water and freeze it in the freezer. Once frozen solid, I turn it over and the ice slides out into my dog's water dish, keeping their water cold for a few hours.

By CaroleeRose from Madison, AL

Right on-learned from my grandpa to put ice cubes in water for dogs-cool-for a while. You're a good caring person for dogs. I'm with ya.

I tried doing this but my dogs and cat all shied away from the floating cubes. So I used your idea and changed it a little. Now I take 2 of their dishes up at night (I keep 3 down) and fill them halfway with water and put them in the freezer overnight. In the morning I pull them out and fill them with water. The frozen ice in the bottom keeps their water ice cold without the floating cubes to make them shy away. They love it this way!

Please read below. This is from vetinfo.com

Ice Water Or Snow
Ice water or snow are not suitable types of water for dogs. Water for dogs can be slightly cool in the summer and room temperature in the winter.

Ice water and snow, however, have a different effect on dogs than on humans. Don't give a dog ice water or let him eat snow.

Pets DogsJune 29, 2010
🍀
💘