Itchy Rash on Top of My Foot

I have this itchy rash on the top of my foot. It looks like tiny bumps and it itches a lot. It came up overnight, can anyone tell me what this could be?

By Daisy A.

Best Answer

Be sure to wear all cotton socks and use Bag Balm on it. My husband had this problem and the all cotton socks and Bag Balm worked.

Best Answer

Have you been wearing sandals with metal against the foot (from holding on a flower, beads, or any other design feature). It may be a metal allergy. I am allergic to metals and cannot wear many sandals because of this problem.

I am not a doctor but it sounds like Athlete's Foot. Try some of the over the counter creams. If it is you will notice it clear up quickly.

It looks like hives (urticaria). It comes mostly when you have eaten something your body does not "accept". Have you eaten something unusual? It can be as well a reaction to a certain medication. As it is a reaction to something, and you will have to find out what in order to avoid it, this is the only way to stop the hives.

Creams and other stuff will only "cover" the problem which can get worse and become an allergic reaction (Asthma, Quincke's Oedema).