Paint Color AdviceDecorating

Paint Color Advice for a Beige and Brown Bathroom

I would like to update my bathroom with paint and new fixtures. I have a beige sink, counter top, toilet, and tub. My cabinets are brown. What paint colors would nicely accent my beige and brown bathroom and not be boring?

By Kirsten from Forks, WA

Pink or yellow will go good with the beige color, good luck.

I have seen a lot home items that are a combination of brown and aqua or turquoise and I think that looks really nice. The same pink is being used with brown a lot too.

I love the blues and browns together. Very popular color and there are so many fun things out there you can play with.

I think with the beige and browns, a room can look drab so I'd add white to freshen. I would reposition the shower curtain rod up high to allow for 96" white, waffle curtain. This will add brightness. (Check Target) Mirror this new, crispness with a basket of new, white towels and a white soap dispenser or a tray of white soaps.

Then, I'd paint the walls in a nice green color, such as Benjamin Moore's dune grass.

Finally, replace fixtures with brushed nickel to modernize. (Try overstock.com)

I've uploaded an image from younghouselove.com for inspiration. Good luck!

Think of the basic color wheel. Brown, beige, yellow are all from the same side. Red and family (purple) are not good, it is a conflicting charge color.

Orange, bronze, black are colors that would pop attention with any of the brown/beige colors.

I love the sage green and white in the photo from JessWorley. If a darker, richer color appeals to you, try burgundy with gold-tone accents.

Try a caramel or sea green color.

Check out different shades of blue. My boss's restroom in his office had light blue tile and his wife painted the upper walls and ceiling in a shade of brown that looks very nice.