Alternative Uses for Hair Conditioner

Uses for hair conditioner, other than using in your hair. Post your ideas.

Best Answer

I happen to like the Flex hair conditioner fragrance. I was hand washing some knee highs in the bathroom, and didn't want to go get the fabric softener from the laundry area, so I used the Flex, rinsed well and have been using it every since. And for more than just the knee highs. (for many many years now)

By Great Granny Vi

By alica (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I too have used cheap conditioner for shaving my legs and have for years. It makes my legs soft and is easy to use!

By jeanette (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Use hair conditioner to clean your bathroom tile, or the fiber glass type**even the glass, removes soap scum. Use hair conditioner from dollar store cheap.

Instead of using shaving gel the other day, I tried hair conditioner as was mentioned as an option on one of the other postings. It works great. Just use a little bit. Plus, it smells good, too.

cheap conditioner is great for leg shaving

By (Guest Post)

What WD 40 is outside the house in the garage, hair conditioners is inside the house. Fixes all the same things.

I use it for shaving my legs and have done this for years but it can also be used as a body wash (shampoo too).

By Pera (Guest Post)

Wow! The last post is an amazing idea. I use TRESemme and love the smell of it. Now I'll try using it in the washer instead of fabric softener.

But can you use it for lotion? While you're still in the shower and your pores are open?

By Nica (Guest Post)

Here's what I just ready on another website

Alternate Uses for Hair Conditioner
By Lori Piper, published Nov 04, 2007

Have you ever had one of your favorite sweaters shrink from accidentally being placed in the dryer? No need to fret anymore. Dissolve a tablespoon of hair conditioner into a sink of warm water. Place the sweater into the sink and let it soak for thirty minutes. Remove and reshape the sweater back to its original shape and size. The oils in the conditioner work as they do with leather- they soften the fibers of the sweater, therein making the fabric more pliable. Lay flat to dry overnight and in the morning you have your favorite sweater back.