CrystalCleaning

Removing Residue Inside Crystal Pepper Shaker

Category Crystal

Ground pepper has left a residue on the inside of my Waterford crystal pepper shaker. Help!

By Catherine

Very simple, use a Q-tip to clean it!

Not when the size of the opening is only 1/2 cm wide!

It might be complicated on such a small scale, but I use ice and salt to remove any stains inside of glass (like coffee pots, vases, etc). Crushed ice and some salt swirled around vigorously just might remove it. Best of luck!

Anonymous

I have always filled containers about half way with warm water, then add alot of salt and shake, shake, shake. Being that the pepper shaker is most likely small I would say about a teaspoon or so of salt. Oh, be sure to cover the shaker holes while shaking - LOL ;-)

Fill halfway with water, add a tsp of bleach and let sit. It won't hurt the glass, and it does clean it.

You might have to let it sit for a day or two. If this doesn't work, I use the bottle brush (for baby bottles, you can pick one up at the dollar store).

Anonymous

I try it with warm water and salt and after vigorously shaking and rinsing , I repeated several times and it worked, thank you!!