Make Your Own Swiffer Pads

I think Swiffer cloths are too expensive. I live in an old house and have hardwood floors throughout in addition to two dogs. I am leery of some suggestions for cleaning fluid, washcloths, and the dogs on the wood floors. Occasionally I stumble on dry floor cloths at a dollar store, but not often. Any other ideas are greatly appreciated.

By Susie from Chicago, IL

Reusable "Swiffer" pads are very simple, purchase large microfiber cloths and use them on a Swiffer or Swiffer type mop. I have used these to clean my hardwood floors, and I have two cats that shed all the time. If I want to mop the floor, I simply spray my favorite wood floor cleaner (I use Bona) and then wipe over with the cloth.
The only issue is that you have some very grimy laundry to do to reuse the cloths.