Pet PagesPets

Trump (Hound)

Trump is a 6 year old hound. We met Mr. Trump for the first time on Sunday. He was in the outside kennel at our local shelter. We were on our way to church, but we made a detour when we saw all the dogs outside. The kids wanted to go take a look at them. While all the other dogs jumped, and carried on excitedly, Trump just sat there nicely. So I told my husband "That's the one I want."

The next day, we adopted him. It was love at first sight. Trump, to our surprise, was very well trained! He knew how to sit, shake a paw, speak, roll over, and stay. We also realized Trump was a great guard dog who means business. Our kids love him, and he has become a big part of our family.

He loves to play tug of war with the kids, his favourite game is fetch. He also loves to swim. His favorite, favorite activity is eating, not dog food either he will not eat it anymore, he eats with us! He loves pork hocks. Trump does not like to be alone at all, he will howl until we come out to get him.

We are working on his table manners. Oops, I forgot about the roast thawing on the counter, enjoy Trump! He goes in the pantry, and just helps himself. When he wants water, he brings his dish to us and drops it at our feet. Trump refuses to sleep on the floor. Between my husband and I is a big chubby hound every night with his head on the pillow. Talk about two's company and three's a crowd!

By Tracy C. from Brockville, Ontario

Thanks for adopting an older pet. Seniors rock! I hope you have many long years together.

Reply Like this photo? Yes