VegetablesRecipes

Asparagus Medley

In the South, we don't always get enough asparagus to have a full meal because it doesn't quite like to grow as good as in the North.

There are only 2 of us so I didn't put the amounts. The amounts of each don't really matter, just what the amount you need when finished.

• asparagus (whatever you have)
  • broccoli crowns (as many as you like)
  • cauliflower flowerettes (I also include the stems in here)
  • canned or fresh English peas or green beans
  • 2 to 3 Tbsp. of butter (I use real butter)

Directions:

Put all this in a steamer basket and steam while you cook the rest of the food, Or about 10 minutes at most, depending on how crunchy or soft you like your veggies. Serve with the rest of your meal, adding any garnishes you like. Cooked this way the blend of even strong veggies is mild and easy to eat.

Servings: 2 to 4 depending on the amts.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes

Source: It's mine. I didn't have enough at one time to cook just one from our little garden and it was very good. My husband now prefers this to cooking these alone.

By gbk from Folkston, GA