ShoppingFrugal Living

Unemployed People Receive 20% K-Mart Savings

According to K-mart's website if a person is unemployed they can get an additional 20% savings on their own brand merchandise. There are a few requirements: ID and proof of unemployment.

Source:

By Meemaw

Anonymous

I think it's lovely that they are doing that and thank you so much for the tip but it worries me because proof of unemployment in any form is going to show social security number and/or, in my case, a disabled medical ID number and I don't trust people enough anymore to share it at a store :-( When it comes to a simple ID card or drivers license I would be fine with that. I guess I've just become overly cautious in this day and age but better safe than sorry :-(

Thank you also for this tip. I don't think they take down your SS #, they probably just glance at it for verification, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I was not issued an unemployment card, just my paperwork. I wonder if that'll work because I file my unemployment on line.