Caring for an Aloe Vera Plant

I have two small aloe plants that I left outside overnight when temperatures reached into the 20s. Now they seem so limp, and their coloring has changed.

My grandmother gave them to me and they flourished this summer, with me doing very little to them. So I am wondering how to help them bounce back from a possible freeze or at the very least a shock. Advice? Thank you in advance.

By APRIL from SC

My aloe plant has been outside in the ground for 10 years now. I live in Southern California but at an elevation >1000 feet, there are a couple <20 nights/year. My plants just grow back from the center. The root structure is not compromised.

I think if you fear another frosty night, the rule is to spray them with water and the ice formed around the plant insulates them. Don't give up the ghost. These succulents endure freezing nights in their natural desert state and they flourish the rest of the year.

We have this at home so you just care it the same way as other plants. It works for me.