Inexpensive Facial Oil Blotters

If you have extremely oily skin as I do, it can become expensive to purchase oil blotting papers. My hairdresser gave me a great tip: The tissue paper rings used to cover public toilet seats work just as well, at a fraction of the cost! Just cut them up into postcard-size pieces and store them in a zip-loc bag. These paper rings can be purchased at any cleaning or janitorial supply store, and one purchase will give you a supply of oil blotters that will last for years!

By Hope from OR

By Kentucky Lass (Guest Post)

What a great idea, and thanks! You can also find small packets of these paper rings in small packets at Wal-Mart by the toilet tissue.

By JEANETTE (Guest Post)

Another cheap facial oil blotter paper is the tissue paper used to wrap gifts or that you get in the nicer dress stores (when they wrap your dress in tissue paper) Makes a lot of facial blotters for cheap.

By Stacy K. (Guest Post)

My concern is whether use of such oil blotters can clogs pores or aggravate acne conditions. What is tissue paper composed of?

When I was a teenager, my skin went nuts and used to pour out the oil. I used a slice of white potato. Yep. Potato. A slice of a medium potato and rub it over your face. The starch would absorb the oil and the residual starch would help control the oil til school was out, at leat. You also can't tell you've got anything on your face except that it's not shiny or at least not AS shiny.

Becareful of using astringents that claim to "control" oil. Often they strip the kin of ALL the oil and therefore make the glands produce even more!
Also, to help prevent this, be sure to moisturize with a non-oil product.

good luck

By DVG (Guest Post)

I've used these as well (rings) for years. A friend of mine told me this and it works great. Thanks for the tip of the tissue paper though, I've got a bunch of that in my house! lol. =)

If you run out, you can use a regular tissue. But just pat it on your skin, don't rub, as it will take off your makeup.