Budget Minded Bed and Breakfast Inns Near Lexington or Louisville Kentucky

I'm looking for a budget-minded romantic weekend getaway in the Lexington, KY or Louisville, KY area. I'd like a Bed and Breakfast/Inn setting with a country atmosphere. Also, I'd prefer something that is "not" Victorian style. (To me, that decor is not romantic, and it's stuffy and uncomfortable.) I'm hoping to find something around $100 or so per night. (Less would be wonderful!) It must have a private bath; king-size bed preferred due to height/size.

Does anyone know a place like this? I've conducted numerous searches, but I haven't located any in that area that aren't Victorian style. I've included a photo of one place (which was a little too far out and also over my budget). This is similar to what I'd like to find. Thanks, in advance, for any suggestions!

By Angela from Huntsville, AL

Best Answer

I am from Frankfort, KY, which is conveninetly located directly between Lexington and Louisville. Also the capital of KY. Anyway, I did a little browsing in the area and there are several B and B's in the area. Unfortunately many of them are "victorian" style. I agree with you that it is not very romantic. More of a stuffy feeling. during my search I came across a place called Kentucky Mansion Tourist Bed and Breakfast. I was not able to find a website for it but I do have a number for you. 859-873-2000. Also I did read a couple excellent reviews and have included the link for you to reas as well. http://www.yell … ews?lid=15034728

I hope this helps!!

Best Answer

There is a nice place 20 miles south of ft. Knox called mountain laurel lake resort 270-756-2737. www.Lakedream.Com lots of people go there and it is out in the middle of nowhere. My uncle says he fishes off his deck when there.

Thank you, Tonimarie! I appreciate your taking the time to respond. Angie