Mice Don't Like Potpourri Toilet Deodorizers

I have accidently stumbled on a way to keep those 4 legged kritters out from under your cupboards. We live in the country and sometimes have a problem with mice getting into the house. They seem to love my lower cupboards (even with 4 cats) and I find traces of them.

I accidently left a potpourri toilet bowl deodorizer under the cupboards. No mice! It was still in the wrapper and not opened, but, they stopped getting into my cupboards! I now hang one on the rails on the sides of the braces that hold the shelves. This way they are not touching your pots and pans that you keep there. (I would not reccomend this where there are food products.)

By Joyce from Decaturville, TN

Top Comment

I've looked all over for these "potpourri toilet bowl deodorizers" and cannot find them. Where did you buy them? Right now, I'm trying a lemon scented deodorizer to keep the mice away, but I wonder if the potpourri scent is what works? Thank you!

Top Comment

I looked all over town for the potpourri toilet deoderizers (for the mice repellers) and just found them at Dollar General a few minutes ago. I was beginning to think I was out of luck. brand name is Bowl Fresh and the cost is 50 cents. They have the old timey wirey hangers attached to them like people used to hang in their toilet bowl. Hope this helps you. Now I want to see , or not see, lol....results!!!

Just make sure toddlers have no access to the cabinets. They could be poisoned if they got a hold of one of these deodorizers.

Gotta share this FUNNY discovery. I'd been nursing a huge 9" golden cantalope until the day I cut it down only to find it totally HOLLOW from a nice big RAT sized hole in the back side. My grandson had seen a rat running along the fence rail twice but we thought he was just investigating the compost bin. He had to be both large,strong and determined because the cantalope had been hanging 4 feet off the ground inside a homemade plastic "6PACK JUICE NET" from the vine ON THE FENCE! He had to crawl up the fence, push behind the heavy cantalope and hang

from the mesh to do all of this. It was hilarious and
sad at the same time. Luckily I covered all of my growing apples into panty hose "bags" which must have really frustrated him. He obviously preferred the cantalope...our favorite too. The heat caused all
of the other seven melons to dry on the vine, so at least we will know the next time to also cover the melons in panty hose!!! lol And now with what YOU discovered, I think I'll hang a few toilet deodorizers around the vines on the fence next year, and perhaps even the apple tree as ornaments! I'll bet the squirrels don't like them either!

R-E The potpourri toilet deoodorizer has anyone had any posititive results DOES IT REALLY WORK.

Hello! Straight to the matter: I'm foreign, so I'm asking you if you can explain the word "potpourri". Thank you.

<b>Editor's Note</b> A mixture of dried flower petals and spices placed in a bowl or small sack to add fragrance.