BathroomCleaning

Water Stains on Tile

How do I remove water stains from ceramic tiles in the shower?

Kay from Canada

Try cutting a lemon in half and dip it into a litle salt, rub it over the affected area - leave for a couple of hours then go back and rinse off.
The lemon is acidic and the salt abrasive it beats using a limescale remover and leaves everything smelling lemony!
(You may have to repeat if the marks have been there a while.)

I would try vinegar, as these are likely a lime deposit, and should dissolve with the vinegar. The lemon mentioned would likely work as well as they are both ascetic acid, but vinegar is cheaper. If that doesn't work, use CLR, which is a much stronger acid. It is quite corrosive so read the label carefully, but it won't hurt the tile.

By Croc dancing granny (Guest Post)

I came across a product at a home show in Auburn Ca. It's called Bring it on cleaner www.BringItOnCleaner.com I was just about ready to replace the tile in my master bathroom that was looking a little sad, and the grout was discolored.

I bought this product, I had to rub somewhat but the stains on the grout came clean and the tile looked much better.