AdviceBeauty

Keep Track Of How Long You Have A Product

Whenever I open an item, I now write the date on it with a sharpie marker. This is especially helpful with make-up, especially mascara, as I believe the shelf life is only about 3 months. I write the dates on all sorts of other things such as: lotion, hairspray, nail polish, shampoo/conditioner, liquid soap, the list is endless. This has started to help me realize how fast or slow I use a product and to know how much to budget out for each product over a period of time.

By Denise from Nebraska

I change my mascara whenever I get the oil in my car changed. The little sticker they put inside my car reminds me the next time to do both.

By no name today (Guest Post)

I've been doing this for more than 20 years.

My main things I do are all canned goods, cake mixes, dryed mixes, flour, rice, beans, pasta and other things. Even though they don't go bad very quickly. This helps when I want to make sure I use the oldest, first.

I date anything that goes into the freezer, weather it is pre packaged or zip packed by me.

Buying at the warehouse stores is great, but I make sure that I date the stuff too.

I found that rubbing alcohol takes sharpie of can lids.

Best---

I do the same thing, Denise. I also put a date on salad dressings, sour cream, chip dip, mayo, etc.

when they are opened and put in the fridge. I put a date on our leftovers, too.

By Denise in Nebraska (Guest Post)

Thanks! I love hearing your feedback. I've posted on here about my dating anything that goes in the fridge too. This will sound weird but it's fun for me to obsess about the time a product lasts. Ha Ha Ha.