Don't Buy Frozen Shredded Potatoes

Place potatoes in microwave and cook them until they are almost done. You can then peel and shred them for recipe calling for shredded potatoes. I keep extra whole potatoes in the refrigerator for fast use next time I want shredded potatoes.

By Gladys H.

Top Comment

Thanks Gladys--
Plus Frozen Taters always have nasty chemicals in them [or on them] to retain their color, which is not good for our health! Especially not for young children. I will definitely try your idea!
And share with others!

Thank you for helping me with this as there is no precooked shredded potato in stores in Australia.
Before that it had me think..... How I was going to purchase the shredded potato???? or how was I going to make it myself????
BUT
I have just one question to ask you thought?? Rufflly how long would you recommend to put say a 200gm(7oz) potato in the microwave for????

Once again thank you for your help

Food and Recipes Food Tips VegetablesNovember 25, 2004
🌻
🐰
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf782386.tip.html