Dust Accumulation on Dark Furniture

I live way in the country on a dirt road surrounded by trees (pollen). Along with the dust from the road and in the winter from our wood burning stove, I need help with all the dust that I can not remove from my dark finished furniture. I have tried just about everything, but as soon as I am finished, the dust starts collecting again. I am at my wits end in trying to find a solution. I did not mention all that I have tried because the list is endless. Please help me.

By Marlene

Get rid of it and buy lighter furniture. Makes a difference. We bought a black stove one year right before Thanksgiving and it would not stay clean. A year later my daughter needed a stove and I happily obliged her with it. I got me a white one and she has the same stove today. She loves it but it bugged my hubby and myself because it always looked dirty no matter how well it was kept clean.
GL

If you plant some fast growing bushes along the road at the end of your yard and let them grow as tall as they can, they will catch most of it. You will have to hose the bushes off often.

Dresser scarves and table cloths?

I've spent most of my life in dusty housekeeping conditions, and finally figured out that I could either let it drive me mad, or just dust on a regular schedule and then not let it bother me.

Yes, growing landscape shrubs will help cut the dust somewhat, but not really enough-ask me how I know, lol!

When I had small ones at home I dusted every day but after they grew up and moved out I cut back to three times a week. My husband and I agree that is plenty, although we do wipe the cooking and eating utensils before using because of the dust.

Every now and then we have a guest who makes it clear my housekeeping isn't up to their standards, but I don't let it get to me. I know I've done my best and if that isn't good enough for them then they aren't someone I need coming over too often.

I feel for you since I'm in the same position. my best solution has been to buy, or crochet yourself if you know how, some pretty runners that cover the furniture tops from end to end.

all you have to do then, is once a week give the tops of the furniture a wipe and shake out the runners outside. I love my furniture and would never get rid of it just for a bit of dust.