OtherPhotos

Use Old Sandals in the Shower

This could be all sorts of categories, but for me it was safety. Having Parkinsons, I find showering sometimes harrowing. Shower mats get yukky and the peel and stick don't last long. So, I came up with something that is safe and can be used in any shower.

I kept some older sandals that had worn thin and now slip them on when showering. They keep my feet from slipping, don't cost me any thing, and get cleaned right along with me! I hope this helps others as much as it's helped me.

By Sandra from Salem OR

Use Old Sandals In The Shower

I also do this! It's a great idea!!! You also can prevent getting Athletes Foot. When wearing sandals in the shower you won't be as cold on those freezing days. Personally I just feel alot better wearing sandals in the shower.(Specially when sharing showers) =)

Sandles in the shower are a must when a person is visiting parks with showers or swimming pools with showers. The few times I've forgotten to bring mine I almost gag when I go in...makes me remember next time! I never thought of them as a slip preventative! Good idea.

I had a bad fall in the shower because someone said it saves time to clean while you are in there... well, it was extra slippery so, lesson learned.

I am very paranoid of falling again so I just throw a facecloth in to stand on when showering. This is for home and hotel but not for public places.