Cleaning Burner Pans With Dishwashing Detergent

Put 1/2 cup of any powdered dishwashing soap into a roaster pan full of water. Stir; then add the burner pans. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 30 minutes. Cool and you should be able to just wipe off all the crud. If especially bad, take a brillo pad to it BEFORE you wipe it. Afterwards, wipe your burner pans with Crisco and the next time they will be even easier to clean.

By Diane from Sallisaw, OK

Once they are clean, you could try wrapping them with foil, but I've never had any luck getting the burner shields back into place after that.

By Baylee (Guest Post)

I have a gas range and when the pans and tops are dirty I put them into the self cleaning oven and they come out like brand new. The first time I was scared I might wreck them after somebody told me about doing it. After I tried it I have done it for 7 years now and no problems. Just great looking stove as brand new. Especially when guests come.

By Baylee (Guest Post)

I have a gas stove and when the tops are dirty I just shove them into the self cleaning oven. Works Terrific.

I was afraid the first time in case I wrecked them. But to my sheer joy they were like brand new. I've been doing it now for 7 years.

Home and Garden Cleaning KitchenNovember 19, 2008
🌻
📓
🎂