Brown Color Suggestions

Category Kitchen

I have maple cabinets with a coffee glaze on them. I am trying to find a good brown color or colors to go on the kitchen walls and livingroom area that go well with the cabinets.

Jo from Sacramento, CA

By jean (Guest Post)

How about a cafe au lait if you want a warm color?

A brown about the color of brown shelled eggs could work.

If there is one wall which runs through both rooms, how about trying to match the cabinet brown on it, with a lighter brown on the other walls?

You could also try painting the walls beige, and then sponge painting over them with one or two shades of medium/dark brown. I used this technique in my kitchen which has medium oak cabinets and wainscoting. The countertop and backsplash are tomato red, and the walls are white with red sponged over them. The ceiling is white. Mine adjoins a dining room which is deep blue and white with dark wood furniture. I would suggest keeping the sponge painting in the kitchen area.

You might also consider stenciling a border in the cabinet brown on the lighter brown walls. And/Or stencil vertically where the rooms divide to create a visual kitchen/living room.

By Carol (Guest Post)

I'd use paint the color of coffee creamer for the walls.. You want to keep the kitchen bright and light looking.. Also, it will help it look clean.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating KitchenMarch 5, 2006
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-01-23 10:20:08 in 5 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

KitchenDecorating