Shopping Bag Into Planting Bags

Take plastic shopping bags (if they are too lightweight, they will not hold the seal). Cut off the handles and the bottom seam. Flatten the bag out completely. Fold the outside to the inside, you need to double the bag.

Divide bag in equal thirds. Now is when the Food Saver comes in, seal from top to bottom. While sealing, gently pull on the bag and it will separate, you should have a good seal.

Taking 1 of these small tubes, fold sides into the middle that will be the bottom, then seal. Be sure to cut a small slit anywhere across the bottom for drainage.

I use these for starting seeds, transplanting seedlings, cuttings, and even established plants.

By Babbie from Lemon Grove CA

great photos, thank you for the clear photos. Very money-saving tip!

These would work well for giving plants away. I'm always short on pots, and nothing needs to be returned. Great idea. Thanks.

By soapermom in Texas (Guest Post)

This is an awesome tip! I start lots of plants from seeds and cuttings to share with family and friends. This is a great use for all those plastic bags. AND it gives me another reason to love my Food Saver.

Thank you !

Anonymous

This is a wonderful idea but now what are we going to do now that plastic bags are outlawed in California......

I have switched to the air bags that come in the packages wen I order on line

Home and Garden Gardening SeedsJanuary 31, 2008
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf79005134.tip.html