Stopping the Itch from Chigger Bites

If you get a chigger bite, take a oatmeal bath. It really works. Thanks!

By Jason from Vineland, NJ

By Jeff (Guest Post)
Top Comment

I use the acne treatment medicines. Neutrogena Body Clear lotion is great. Or use the cleansers, it helps reduce itching and swelling.

Top Comment

I made a trip to Oklahoma as a teen and learned what chiggers were as well as the correct term for fireflys, "Lightin' Bugs"! LOL ! I never heard of the bleach solution before. My aunt ran a bath for me loaded with salt and that took care of the problem for me. As far as the "skeeters" go I dab a bit of ammonia on the bites and voila, no more itch. I have purchased commercial products for mosquito bites and primary ingredient is ammonia. Have a good summer!

Gale from Ca.

Top Comment

A week ago I went to a park in Texas. I was walking outside while a man was mowing the grass and there was pollen floating everywhere. After the park I went home and I forgot to take a shower since I felt passed out. Next morning my leg, ankle, hip, butt, and underwear line was itching like crazy. They ended up being those darn chigger bites! I went searching on Internet to find a solution to help with the itching. I tried almost everything that they said would help. Nothing did! My mom finally helped me. I want to share this with you because this really works!! Put ice.... Yes, ICE!!! First take a shower to rinse and clean. Apply ice on the itching bump and hold it there for a min or 2. It will numb the itch. Do NOT scratch! Do not touch. Make little movement. If it itches again, do it again. It works:) you can also try putting Carmex or hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide will only bubble if your bleeding.

Top Comment

It helps for a little bit also if you get aloe like you use on sunscreen, and then itching cream, and putting that in a bath. I used this and it works really well. Also just putting the aloe on helps, not as well as the bath, but it still works.

By Rhiannon B (Guest Post)

I have chigger bites all over my ankles I have tried everything. I came on here to see what I can use. I will write back more later to tell you what works the best.

A substance just like bleach is in swimming pools, and you can disinfect drinking water with a few drops of bleach, so I support this advise. Never thought of it.

Health & Beauty Home RemediesOctober 18, 2010
🎂
📓
🌻