Uses for Glass Pot Cover

I am looking for ideas of what can be done with a glass pot cover. it is about 9" in diameter and has a plastic round handle in its center. Long ago I had to get rid of the pot (the Teflon was all scratched). But the lid is perfectly good. It does not fit any other pots.

Thanks,
Brigitte from Israel

By jean (Guest Post)

If it is domed enough, use it as a cover while microwaving a plate of food.

Use it to cover a bowl for food storage in the refrigerator.

Use it to cover a plate of cookies.

i use a glass pot lid to get an oven like effect when i fry canned biscuits!

heat pan (i use my beloved griddle) & lay the canned biscuits in a circle. Fry on both sides until medium to dark brown -- to cook them fasted place a glass pot lid over them.

sometimes i use a very small amount of bacon grease if i have also fried bacon but it isn't necessary.

my mom used to make us fried biscuits when we camped out & had no oven to work with !

yummy !

these won't rise like they do when baked in an oven - but are very tasty with the charred taste frying gives them !

By Nancy from Florida (Guest Post)

I can picture it upside-down as a saucer for a plant that is hung from a macrame plant-hanger.

By Debby (Guest Post)

I have trouble getting rid of nice pot lids.I have a big glass lid that I use to cover an unfinished plate of food that hopefully will be eaten later.If too much later I will place in frige(if there's room)

I see you are from Israel. Do they have thrift stores there? I always donate things like lids with no mates because undoubtedly there is someone else who has the bottom and broke the lid!

I use a glass pot lid to cover an unfinished dinner plate of food for later consumption

I was thinking of suggesting that you keep it until another pot comes along that fits. I've had pot and pan sets that include lids, but not every item has a separate lid. By keeping the lids from old discarded sets, I've managed to obtain a lid for every pot and pan.

This was just a coincidence because I forgot to get rid of the lids when I pitched the old pots and then discovered the new set didn't have all individual lids, but some fit from the old set.

By michelle (Guest Post)

Turn upside down and use as a bird feeder or bird bath! :o)