BrowniesCookies

Super Brownies

Super Brownies - My family loves my brownies because they are so simple to make and the recipe can be customized depending on your individual taste.

1 box of brownie mix (the least expensive ones work best)

Follow the directions on the box BUT use 3 eggs instead of 2. Once the batter is well mixed; add the following:

1 cup of chips (chocolate, chocolate mint, peanut butter, etc - your favorites; you can even use M and M candies or M and M minis if you like)

1 cup of nuts (pecans, walnuts, peanuts, cashews, etc. - unsalted, the salty ones overpower the rest of the flavors)

Mix them in and then pour the batter into your baking dish.

Bake according to the directions on the back of the box. Do not change the time or the temperature.

The extra egg makes these brownies moist and cake-like and the variations you can achieve by varying the types of chips and nuts give you dozens of varieties. My personal favorite uses dark chocolate chips and pecans; but, my husband prefers semisweet chips and macadamia nuts.

By Ginger from Lake Havasu City, AZ