TipsHair Tips

Frugal Ideas For Women's Salons

I have a very simple hairstyle and try to avoid going to salons, which around here can cost from $40-$75 and up for a simple cut. When I can, I go to the Vidal Sassoon Academy, a beauty school, but I have also found a back to basics hairdresser in a country town which I visit regularly. Now I am going to have her cut my hair because it's 1/2 as much!

By pamphyila from Los Angeles

By BFITCH (Guest Post)

I was told by my stylist to use baking soda with my shampoo for buildup of product in my hair and it works wonderfully. She gave me the advice when I told her I could not afford salon products. Just pour shampoo in hand adding about a teaspoon of baking soda and blend and wash hair.

The local technical school here has a barber/cosmetology dept. and the services are free. It's a good deal if you don't mind a student practicing on your hair and nails. I've seen some of their work and it looks professionally done.