ToysCrafts

Make a Car with a Soda Bottle

Category Toys

I need to make a car out of soda bottles and KNex.

Erika

(Submitted via email)

Gentle friends:
For the Kid who wants to make a Car from a Soda Bottle, tell him to attach Two round sticks to an empty Bottle. Use Rubber Elastics to hold the Sticks to the Bottle and then attach Toy Wheels to the sticks.

Signed: Joseph R.

I have a project that I want to do, and I need some help figuring out an easy but efficient way to do it. I need to use a full bottle of soda to make some sort of car move. The energy from the moving soda bottle needs to move a little car somehow, and I have no idea where to start. Any ideas?

Editor's Note: Is this a school project?

Answers:

Make a car with a soda bottle?

I am not sure of the proportions so PLEASE be careful, but if it has to have the pop in the bottle you mix baking soda in with it and the foam will create air pressure. Or you can use baking soda and vinegar, whatever you use you put them in shake a bit, and put down by the car. If it is a full bottle of soda just keep shaking it, then lay it on its side. This will create air pressure when you open it. Hope this helps
(05/18/2004)

By Tracey