CraftsPhotos

Reusing Leftovers From Sticker Sheets

I like reusing the papers that are leftover from stickers to make patterns. Rather than tracing around the shape I wish to make my pattern, I lay a piece of paper over the top of it. With the long side of a crayon, I rub over the top of the lines of the sheet below and get the impression of that shape. I then cut it out and file it with other patterns for use in crafts or sewing later.

Actual stickers could be traced around for the same effect and cut out but this way is quick and easy and leaves no guess work without a tracing box! Even simple shapes can be traced when you see a size that appeals to you and indexed in a card file or other.

I have sometimes used the leftover sticker paper that remains around the edge or borders the sticker I have removed to cut new shapes from. Sometimes the 2 sticker papers are not too thick to use a hole punch but watch out, they sometime will slide off inside the punch and become stuck. Use tweezers to remove the paper.

By melody_yesterday from Otterville, MO

Here's a link to my crafts blog. craftythings.weebly.com/wicked-wallpaper-ways.html
Scroll down : the next to the last picture is the original store bought "wally" that I did the crayon rubbing to produce the DIY versions pictured above the original. I think they turned out great!