Use Chest of Drawers for Extra Space

contest winner icon

My kitchen has lots of floor space, but hardly any cabinet or counter top space. I use a chest of drawers to give me extra counter and storage. It has a hard easy to clean surface and holds can goods, aluminum foil, zip bags, etc. A tall, narrow one might work for an even smaller kitchen.

By tnphoenixrising from Clarksville, TN

Anonymous

Good idea! I use a small laminated storage unit that's about three feet tall. The way my kitchen is set up it won't fit in there but I have it just next to a kitchen cabinet in the dining room. Since it doesn't match my decor I store items in it that aren't used often and covered it with a black twin size sheet (black is my accent color) and have a plant, a couple of special small silver serving pieces my grama gave me and a small family photo on it for personalized cherished decoration. When I do need something from the cabinet I just lift the front sheet flap and lay it on the top of the cabinet and then drop it back down after retrieval.

Organizing KitchenOctober 31, 2011
📓
🐛
😎
🌻