WindowsCleaning

Using a Pressure Washer to Clean Windows

Have any of you used a power washer or pressure washer to clean your home's windows? We have a power washer, and I'd like to use it to clean the windows. I'd welcome a few tips from those of you that have already cleaned your windows with one of them. Thanks.

By Tina Siegl from Ashland, OR

It could break your windows. We were cleaning the siding with one and accidently got a window and it broke the glass in both the storm window and the regular window.

I would not recommend it.

I would not recommend it. Those things have a lot of pressure. If it was to hit the window at full pressure you would have a mess outside and inside. More inside than outside with glass and water.

You'll be fine, just turn down the pressure and stay far away and take everything above into consideration.

I am a "senior" and have a very tall three story home. I can no longer take off the outside aluminum stoms to wash thwm and the windows.

I really dislike dirty windows and do not like having to put shears up to cover the fact they are dirty. Please help me, I have 55 windows and cannot afford to hire the job done. Thank you.