DogsPets

Dog with Skunk Breath

Category Dogs

My dog got skunked last night and I used the hydrogen peroxide and baking soda and liquid soap method that worked very well on his coat. The problem now is that when the dog got sprayed by the skunk, he was barking and apparently got a mouthful of the spray also. He still has that awful smell coming from his mouth and nose. Any other helpful hints would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Mary

I lived on a farm, and we always kept tomato juice around to wash dogs that tangled with skunks. It works, and they tend to lick it off. See if he will drink some tomato juice. It works for me. ARDIS

Tomatoe juice

Oxyfresh Pet Oral Hygiene Solution! You just ad it to their drinking water! It is doggy mouthwash developed from their people mouthwash. And it will help keep tartar and plaque off their teeth and clean of the tartar and plaque they do have.

http://www.oxyfreshww.com/cjm

I have four dogs, we live in Kodiak alaska. It's a US Coast Guard post and a major fishing town. We take our dogs to the beach to run sometimes. Sometimes ther is approx. thousands of dead salmon that wash to shore. It's a natural occurance. Okay- Here is the only way I was able to get the most vile stench of dead fish times a thousand. DOUCHE. You bathe then best you can then open bottle of summers eve or whatever and rub it into the fur all over and make sure it stays on them for 5 minutes and it works. Much cleaner than getting tomatoe juice all over the bathroom.

I know i looked strange to the cashier when I bought 10 double boxes of douche but it was worth it because it was the only THING TO WORK,

I tried the wash your add to the water and our dog wouldn't drink her water then

My dog has been sprayed twice now and nothing has worked for her breath. But the peroxide and baking soda works good for the fur.

We recently had our Pitt bull get sprayed twice in a week from an adult skunk.

The bath treatment with baking soda and peroxide works great for for her coat, but this last time she had the skunk by the rear, and received the full treatment in her mouth. we tried the greenie snacks from the pet store, there expensive, but they work! The smell was gone in a day!

Now we keep a handful in the cabinet if this happens again. Hope this helps!

Baking soda works